Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in St. Petersburg? As a general rule, you have three significant sectors of the home for video surveillance: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. Even though your security installer is able to suggest where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Safeguard Your Front Entryway
Even though it may seem crazy that a criminal would attempt to casually stroll through primary entrance, 34% of invasions happen at the front door. There are also delivery bandits among other risks to deal with. A video doorbell is ideal to manage these types of concerns with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is extra useful as you can converse with any visitors who come and press the button. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can reply to all engagements with two-direction audio and live video and look like you’re home. Then if someone does try to do something criminal, you are able to have your video doorbell instantly capture footage and send it to your cell phone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras outside your residence is often a difficult task. Luckily, there are some useful recommendations to help ensure your property is defended properly.
- The corners of your St. Petersburg residence provide a better viewing angle, seeing two parts of your exterior.
- Just below an overhanging eave or straight into a piece of trim or siding are ideal locations for security cameras as they will be partly hidden by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing access point for intruders than you’d think!
- Above a back porch or rear door -- or any doorway not visible from the street.
For each installation, you should always cut back any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct the camera’s view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your property in St. Petersburg. However, the added versatility does mean there are more factors to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are secure, the natural light that enters via a window might cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Direct the front of your camera away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a video camera located in a higher spot will produce a broader view. You might situate your cameras on top of bookshelves or mounted on the upper reaches of a wall.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your video equipment will lose its ability to defend your property if anything happens to it. Install your devices in locations where children or pets can’t interact with them. You might consider mounting or another means of securing them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The greatest surveillance system won’t help you much if you have a plant in the way. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items also have the ability to cloak your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (727) 258-2938 or fill out the form on this page to arrange a consultation.