In the olden days, your security system components could only be installed where a wire could be connected. You could forget about placing a and indoor camera on a countertop or managing your implements with a mobile device. However, home security is not like it used to be, and that’s largely due to the development of wireless installations. You presently have a range of extra perks at your disposal -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and simpler installations. Wireless home security systems in St. Petersburg will protect your home while making your life more convenient.
Important Considerations If You Go Wireless
First and foremost, wireless home security systems require a reliable Wi-Fi and internet connection to operate in a proper fashion. If you have access to high-speed internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless installation.
If you’re worried about the internet going down or the loss of power, look for options that have battery and cellular backups available to maintain the connection to your monitoring team without interruption.
In the event you make your home in a rural setting without stable cellular or internet access, a wired system will likely be a wiser option. Or It may also be to your advantage from a financial standpoint to go the traditional route if you live in a residence that already has wiring in place.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in St. Petersburg will enhance your family’s protection, which is the main objective in the first place. But, if you welcome the idea of having the most advanced features, consider these perks of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to all the devices in your house from your lighting to your surveillance cameras from your smartphone utilizing the ADT Control app. You have the ability to check footage from cameras, switch on your connected lights, and even arm your system in the event you didn’t remember to do so. When an intrusion or emergency takes place, you can have notifications dispatched straight to your mobile device.
- Easy to install and customize: You won’t have to concern yourself with the endless wiring, crumbling drywall, and time-consuming installations. One of the greatest facets of wireless devices is that you are able to place them practically in any location and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you would like to customize later with new equipment, bringing elements into your system is easy.
- Interactions between components: Wireless technology makes smart home interactions a reality with fast, two-way communications. Program your components to act in certain circumstances to increase your protection and dissuade break-ins. For instance, if your exterior surveillance discerns suspicious movement along your home’s perimeter, it is able to instantly signal your interior lighting to illuminate.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In St. Petersburg
Although wireless home security systems in St. Petersburg have proven to be a good choice, it’s only natural if you have some hesitations about installing one. The following are some of the most prevalent areas of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless components may stop working if the battery is depleted. While this might be true, your smart components will send you a notification whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors typically have to be positioned within a specified distance from your central command hub. ADT is able to supply range extenders in some situations to enhance your adaptability.
- Like any computer network, the threat of being hacked exists. You can take steps to greatly reduce the risk by creating hard-to-crack passwords, never using default settings, and choosing a router with a built-in firewall. You should also only install security components with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Specialists
Are you ready to take advantage of the current advancements in St. Petersburg wireless home security? Contact us at (727) 258-2938 to consult with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will aid you in creating the right package for your property.